Ruby is one month old today, which gives me a month of parenting under my belt. Here are a few recommendations for new moms during their first month with a newborn. The following has worked for me, but I offer no guarantees.
- Get a spare key and hide it somewhere for when you lock yourself out of your house
- Try to laugh at yourself because you’re gonna mess up
- Clip a baby’s fingernails while you’re feeding them and they’re distracted
- Buy some dry shampoo for yourself since it may be 2-3 days between proper showers
- Read Babywise 4-5 times and follow accordingly… Feed/Wake/Sleep routine really works!
- Invest in a great stroller and take lots of walks
- Have fun with your spouse, go on a date, spend time just the two of you
- Newborn onesies only fit for a few weeks – don’t buy a million of them
- Take some naps, eat some food, don’t forget to drink lots of water!
In other news, Ruby weighs 10 pounds already! Check out her chubbiness! WOAH!