Photo by Sam Stratton
Since Ruby will be 14 months old next week, I figured I’d do a quick post about everything she is doing these days. She is more fun than she’s ever been… and more trouble than she’s ever been. I’m loving my time with her, and she is such a good girl! Here’s a little bit about the shenanigans of our life right now.
Ruby’s Favorite things:
- Going outside, coming inside, getting in the car, out of the car, into our out of her high chair… basically she gets really excited about any transition.
- Her silky blanket that she puts over her head while she sleeps.
- Watching Ryan mow the lawn – he goes out of view with each pass of the mower, then when he comes back into view she cracks up because she thinks he is playing a game with her.
- Saying “Hello?” while holding something, anything, everything up to her ear
- When she’s in the bath she loves putting the wash cloth on her head then laughing when I ask her “what’s on your head?”
- Reading books with Ryan every night before bed.
- Chucking food off her tray (this is a terrible habit that I’m trying to figure out how to deal with)
- Putting food on her head (as seen below in this picture of her from dinner tonight when she smeared cheesy shells all over her hair.)
- Apple Sauce
- Mac and Cheese
- Corn Pops Cereal
- Crackers (specifically saltines)
- Green Beans
- Capri Sun
- Ice Cream
- Dadoooo (this is what she calls Ryan lately)
- Good Girl! (she repeats this to herself whenever I say it to her)
- Woah!, Wow!, Oh! (always with a lot of inflection)
- Hi!, Hey!, Hi-00000! (we’ve been working on that last one so she can say it to her Uncle Aaron next time he sees her)
- Bye-Bye (she says this to parked cars as we pass them on our morning walk)
- oof (this is what she says whenever she sees a dog)
- No! No! No! (she typically says it three times while shaking her finger. I think her Aunt Sarah taught her this.)
- please and thank you (sound like “ees” and “gaah gooh”)
- knock-knock (she says it while she’s doing it)
- cock-a-doodle-doo (Ryan’s been working on this one with her)
- She will mimic pretty much anything we say that is 2 syllables or less. I’d like to think she says the whole alphabet, but only when I say each letter first.
- almost 14 months
- almost 19.5 pounds (7th percentile… tiny peanut)
- 90th percentile for head size (she’s kinda like a stick-figure cartoon)
- She is the best sleeper I know, sleeping from 8pm-8am and taking two 2-hour naps each day (I’m hoping to keep her on 2 naps until she is at least 16 months… we’ll see how that goes!)
- She is a speedy crawler, is standing up by herself, but hasn’t taken her first step yet.
- Speaking of steps, she climbed up the whole staircase yesterday (I was right behind her the whole time, but she never needed my help.)
- She will sit down if I tell her to.
- She can point to her nose, eyes, ears, head, feet and seems to know a lot more than I realized! Just because she can’t say it doesn’t mean she doesn’t know what, or where it is!