I seriously can’t believe my little Clara Dawn is already 4 years old! She has really come into her own over the past few months and I love watching her confidence grow each week. She has discovered her innate ability to entertain people. She loves to draw and create, loves to dance and sing, loves making people laugh and has no threshold for how much tickling she can endure.
Here are some recent Claraisms for you to enjoy.
- “If you are really fwustwated a mommy can help you feel better.”
- “Nana is the best grown up I ever had!”
- While holding a tape measure toward me she said, “hmmm mom, you’re twenty big.”
- She loves the art table at her school and her teachers told me that she would do art all day if they let her.
- “IT’S MY FRAVORITE FRAVORITE SWIMMING SUIT MOMMY!”
- She often asks me what day it is. I’ll say “Tuesday” and she will yell out, “It’s Tuesday!”
- She always thanks God for all the Rainbows and all the “Aminals” when she says prayers at bedtime.
- Clara refuses to nap but occasionally she falls asleep on the couch, floor, or coffee table while Ruby is at school.
- She never agrees or admits to “taking a nap” but often says she is going to “take a little rest”.
- Each morning at school drop off Ruby wants to give hugs and kisses to Clara and Charlie before getting out of the van. Some mornings Clara squirms and screams and doesn’t want hugs and kisses. Other mornings she cries big tears about how much she will miss her Ruby girl. There’s no middle ground with Clara. She’s extreme. She feels ALL THE THINGS.
- Speaking of feeling all the feelings, she was not happy about the seam on the toe of her tights on Palm Sunday.
- Clara changes clothes about 5 times per day. She lays out her outfit the night before, changes in the morning, changes after school, changes before picking Ruby up from school, changes after dinner… this girl loves clothes.
- She is basically a style icon – her daily outfits (which she chooses herself) are layers and layers of colorful amazingness. Here are a couple of examples:
- Whenever I put in a Disney DVD she reminds me, “If a scary pawt comes then you can past forward it.”
- Her shoes are on the wrong feet 100% of the time. You’d think there would be a 50/50 chance she’d get it right, but no, it’s absolutely always wrong.
- Already a Patriot, whenever we are driving she calls out all the flags we pass, “I SAW ANOTHER CAMERICAN FLAG!!”
- On our way into the car I said, “Jump in your seat” and she stomped her foot and said, “I don’t JUMP in my seat, I GET in my seat!” yikes!
- She loves going to play at the mall play place and always reports back on any kids that looked at her or tried to play with her. “He was just looking at me mommy. I didn’t want he to look at me!”
- “I’m gonna go get beautifulled up.”
- When she gives herself a shampoo mohawk in the bathtub she calls it a “Bow Hog”
- While driving home from school the other day she said, “Keep your eyes peeled because you have to keep an eye on my place.”
- Clara LOVES her daddy. One on one time with Ryan is all she needs to become her best self.
- I’m trying to help her be a teeny bit more friendly: responding/acknowledging when someone says “hello” or “good morning” to her. On the way to school we talked about saying “Good Morning to her teacher instead of walking past and ignoring her greeting. Clara told me, “I’m not gonna say good morning today.” and she didn’t…
- I’ll ask, “do you need to go potty?” and she always answers, “No, princesses do not go potty.”
- Her BFF Emmi’s dad has a Jeep and Clara loves yelling out “JEEP!!” whenever we see one.
- “I think my brudder just loves me. And also, he loves one of those” (points to toast).
- Clara and Charlie love each other so much. They chase each other around the house all day. I love seeing them laughing and playing together.
- Clara loves talking to Ryan through the shower curtain in the mornings. She has so much to say when she first wakes up. I love listening to their conversations echoing in the bathroom.
- When she’s playing silly games with Ruby and realize Ruby is laughing she starts saying “Eyeball Twash” over and over and makes Ruby laugh even harder. I have no idea what Eyeball Trash is or how she knows about it.
- She loves to comb my hair and tries to braid it… which takes me a good chunk of time to untangle once she’s done.
Clara Dawn, you are so funny. I love seeing your sense of humor develop and love the look you get on your face when you realize you’re being entertaining. I love that your favorite song is “Jump Into The Light” and that you love singing songs about Jesus. You did an awesome job being three and I can only imagine how much more wonderful you will become during this next year of your life. I admire your strength, stamina and determination, qualities that make it difficult to parent you, but qualities that will be incredibly beneficial to you later in life. You’re a special little person and Daddy and I are so grateful God picked us to be your parents. And I’m really thankful God picked Ryan to be your daddy because he really helps me understand your shenanigans…
I love you and your shenanigans sweet girl. Thank you for regularly reminding me to “Let it go, Let it go…”